- Projected: Cole Hamels, Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Kyle Kendrick, and John Lannan
- Tyler Cloyd: possibly in the 'pen, emergency starter from April through July.
- Jon Pettibone: No. 1 in the Iornpigs' rotation, emergency starter in August & September. He is known as one of the "Baby Aces".
- Ethan Martin: The righty came over in the Shane Victorino deal, finishing with a 3.18 ERA in 7 starts (almost 40 IP), en-route to a sub-3.50 ERA at AA. He'll be in AAA this year.
- Locks: Jon Papelbon (closer), Mike Adams (8th inning), and Chad Durbin
- Competition: Tyler Cloyd, Phillippe Aumont, Justin De Fratus, Mike Stutes, Mike Schwimmer, and B.J. Rosenberg (one or two spots open)
- Lock: Antonio Bastardo (7th inning, lefty specialist in the 8th)
- Competition: Jeremy Horst, Jake Deikman, Raul Valdes, Joe Savery, and Robles (two spots open probably)
Pitching Invitees: Kyle Simon, Justin Friend, Aaron Cook, Rodrigo Lopez; Adam Morgan, & Cesar Jimenez
- Restricted List: Carlos Ruiz (Suspended from Opening Day to April 28th - Adderall)
- Lock: Eric Kratz
- 40-Man: Sebastian Valle (likely in AAA)
- Competition for April Back-up:
- Humberto Quintero (probable)
- Steven Lerud (in the minors)
- In AAA, developing: Tommy Joseph (he is an invitee)
- Core: Ryan Howard (145-155 games)
- Back-ups: Mike Young, Darin Ruf, John Mayberry, and Laynce Nix
- Core: Chase Utley (140-150 games)
- Back-up: Freddy Galvis
- 40-Man: Cesar Hernandez
- Invitees: Mike Martinez, Pete Orr, Yuniesky Betancourt
- Core: Jimmy Rollins
- Back-up: Freddy Galvis
- Invitees: Mike Martinez, Yuniesky Betancourt
- Core: Mike Young
- Back-up: Kevin Frandsen
- Invitees: Yuniesky Betancourt, Mini-Mart, Orr
- Developing: Cody Asche could be a September call-up. He's invited to camp.
- Lock: CF Ben Revere
- Domonic Brown - Rube gave up Travis D'Arnaud instead of Brown in the 2009 deal for Roy Halladay. After the trials of the past few years, it is time to see what can Brown do for us (pun intended). I'm not giving up on him, but the experts seem to be. Don't give up yet!
- John Mayberry, Jr. - He's just a platoon player but still has a little time to prove us wrong. Let's hope he can play like he did in 2011. Otherwise, don't tender him a contract in 2014.
- Delmon Young - He will likely be placed on the DL (ankle) to start the year, then play RF.
- Darin Ruf - Oh how suddenly he emerged last year. He still has options, so he may be the first to go, but he can play 1B & LF and is about 27 years old, so that's in his favor.
- Ender Inciarte - Gosh, don't we all just love that name! As the Rule 5 pick, he'll get a good look, but with the plethora of outfielders, he may be offered back to Arizona.
- Laynce Nix - well, we saw two versions of him last year with the injury in between. Which will we see? Well, if he can't hit effectively (like his post-injury self), then he'll probably be placed on the waiver wire.
- Tyson Gillies - now this guy, I have given up on. Maybe he can stay on the field and convince the front office (and fans) that the 2009 Cliff Lee deal netted more than Phillippe Aumont.
- Zach Collier - the Phils' first pick in the 2008 Draft has completed his 2nd full-year in the minors. He played for Clearwater, hitting .269/.333/.399 with 26 XBH and 32 RBIs. He has played all three OF positions.
- Invitees: Joe Mather & Jermaine Mitchell